POST-GRADUATE PROGRAM IN ENERGY ENGINEERING :-
- Course Content is designed by Industrial Experts and covers all topics like Power Plant Familiarization, Industrial Electrical System, Industrial Boiler, Industrial Steam Turbine, Generator & its Auxiliaries, Fuel Handling System, Quality Management System, Instrumentation and Control, Operation of Boiler, Turbine, Generator & its Auxiliaries, Solar Energy.
- Simulator Training of Thermal Power Plant.
- Audio & video modules covering critical course topics
- Set of nine books covering all aspects of course curriculum.
- Certification on completion of course.
- E-Library covering additional topics.
- Library Facility: A set of Thermal Power Plant Engineering Books (NPTI, Synergem, Other Authors, and Publications) will be available in Institute.
- Industrial Visits for Thermal Power Plants.
- On-Site Training (Internships) in Thermal Power Plants.
Post Graduate Program in Energy Engineering is an ideal program for all engineering and diploma pass out students to make a bright future in core engineering sector. The program is meticulously designed which covers topics like Power Plant Familiarization, Industrial Electrical System, Industrial Boiler, Industrial Steam Turbine, Generator & its Auxiliaries, Fuel Handling System, Quality Management System, Instrumentation and Control, Operation of Boiler, Turbine, Generator & its Auxiliaries, Solar Energy.
The program is affiliated to Synergem Energy Training Centre, which is recognized by Central Electricity Authority, Under Ministry of Power, Govt of India. The program covers complete training content as provided in Indian Electricity Rules for of large capacity thermal power plant.
The Program is ideal for candidates willing to make career in Energy Sector. Enrolled candidates will undergo classroom training along with field training (Industrial Visits) and shall be given internship and placement opportunities thereafter. Synergem is a leading training organisation with over seven years of successful association with engineering & energy companies.
This course gives very vast knowledge in different aspects of Energy Engineering. Candidates will be eligible to work in various core field sector companies like Cement, Textile, Steel, Power, Solar, Sugar and Manufacturing.
Power Plant Fundamentals
- Ideal Rankine Cycle
- Basic Rankine Cycle
- Superheat Cycle
- Regenerative Feed Heating Cycle
- Modified Rankine Cycle Plant Efficiency
- Overview of Large Capacity Thermal Power Plant
- Cost accounting, Cost control and Cost reduction
- Electrical Safety in Power Station
- Electrical Accidents in Thermal Power Stations
Steam Boiler and Its Auxiliaries
- General Description of Steam Boiler
- Boiler Pressure Parts
- Boiler Pressure Parts - Economiser
- Economizer Failures
- Steam Drum Basics
- Steam separation in the boiler drum
- Blow Downs in Boiler Drum
- Chemical Treatment of Boiler Drum Water
Steam Turbine and Its Auxiliaries
- Introduction to Steam Turbine
- Steam Cycle Basics
- Steam Turbine Compounding and Cylinder Arrangement
- Steam turbine blade arrangement-sealing and rotor types
- Mechanical Construction and Design of Steam Turbines
- Casing Arrangement
- Blades and Labyrinth Packings
- Gland Sealing of the Turbine
- Modern High capacity Steam Turbines
- Steam Turbine Losses
- Turbine Control
- Steam Turbine Components (With reference to two cylinder (HP and LP) condensing type turbine)
- TURBINE CONSTRUCTION DETAILS Reference: (210 MW KWU – German Design) BHEL Make
Generator and Electrical Auxiliaries
- Introduction to Electrical Supply System
- Aspects to be covered on plant auxiliary power system
- Auxiliary Power Demand Statistics
- Different Areas of Thermal Power Station
- 415 V LT switchgear distribution Boards and their Supply
- L. T. Auxiliaries / Equipment’s in general fed from different L.T. Switchgear Board
- D. M. Plant board
- C.H.P. Supply Board
- Faults in the Generator
- External faults abnormal operating conditions affecting the generator
Balance of Plant
- Introduction to Ash handling Plant
- Fly ash equipment’s of ESP
- Principle of working of ESP
- Coal Handling Plant
- Description and Working of Oil Handling Plant
- Boiler Water Internal Treatment
- Chemical Deaeration
- Phosphate Treatment
- Phosphate Hideout
- Condensate Corrosion Control
Power Plant Instrumentation & Control
- Introduction to Controls in Thermal Power Station
- Introduction to Automatic Control in Thermal Power Station
- Boiler Drum Level Measurement
- Drum Level Control
- TURBO VISORY SYSTEM
- Turbovisory System - Turbine Vibration
- Turbovisory System - Shaft vibration and eccentricity measurement
- Turbovisory System - Turbine Speed
- Turbovisory System - Measurement of overall Turbine expansion and differential expansion of Turbine
- Turbovisory System - Differential expansion measurement
- Turbovisory System - Axial Shift, CVSM & Speeder gear position, Steam and metal temperature measurement
Power Plant Operation - Boiler & Its Auxiliaries
- General Operating Feature of Fuel Oil System
- General Design Features
- Furnace Design
- Superhearter and Reheater
- Steam Temperature Control
- Gas Velocity
- Superheater and Reheater Spacing
- Material Selection for superheater and reheater
- Boiler Fans
- ELECTROSTATIC PRECIPITATOR
- FUEL PREPARATION AND FIRING SYSTEM
- Air Pre Heater
- Steam Drum
- Soot Blowers
Power Plant Operation - Turbine & Its Auxiliaries
- General Description of Steam Turbine
- Turbine Main Data
- Turbine Support and Cylinder Expansion
- Turbine Casing
- DIAPHRAGMS AND LINERS
- Turbine Rotor
- Turbine Bearings
- Sealing Glands
- BARRING GEAR
- BARRING GEAR OPERATION
Power Plant Operation - Generator & Electrical Auxiliaries
- Technical Particulars of Electric Generator
- Rated Parameters of Generator
- PREPARATION TO STARTING
- STARTING OF THE GENERATOR
- SHUTTING DOWN
- ROUTINE OPERATION AND PERIODIC CHECKS
Synergem Energy Centre certified, Certificate of Course Completion along with Performance Certificate is provided to all participants.
Our Institute in Vijayawada, Nagpur are equipped with 120 MW Fossil Fuel fired thermal power plant full scope real time Simulators. The Simulator at Vijayawada is a replica of 120 MW Unit of a Thermal Power Station. This Simulator provides a unique opportunity for the trainees to experience a full range of operation and stress situations in an integrated mode of Unit Operation. These state-of-the-art Simulator facilities improve the reflex operational skills of Shift Charge Engineers, Unit Controllers, Operators and fresh engineers being inducted into Operation and fine-tune their skills in Operational emergencies together with tremendous integrated Unit experience, exposure and understanding of normal operations viz., Cold, warm & Hot Start up processes as well.
We offer opportunity for engineering students to complete industrial internship with us and we assist them in development of project report which is a requirement towards end of Energy Engineering course. Internship in Power Plants will be highly supportive to engineering students looking forward to develop carrier as Energy Engineer. Maintenance, Operation, Commissioning, Erection and testing techniques of Power Plants are explained to candidates during this period. Internship certification will be an added advantage for engineering students who undergo internship with us.
DROP A QUERY: